Not what I was expecting.
Wow! That's a lot of Pins?????????
It was only one. And note the message is incorrectly formatted so the Learn more link doesn't work. I copied the address, pasted it into the url field and found out the following additional information:
"If you’re seeing a continued error message when you try to comment, pin, repin/like a pin, or follow another Pinner on Pinterest, it’s likely because you’re being blocked by our automated spam detection system.
You could have been mistaken as a potential spam attack if you’ve been doing any of the following actions:
1. Commenting on many pins very quickly (especially comments including a link)
2. Posting the same comment many times (especially a comment including a link)
3. Following lots of users very quickly
4. Pinning, repinning, and/or liking pins very quickly - particularly repeatedly pinning things which all link to the same source
5. Using a link-shortener or a link-redirect, for example: bit.ly or other link-shorteners - try using the full link in a comment or pin description instead! Also try pinning from the original source without using a link-redirect."
I have done none of these things. In fact, I have been on vacation for a week, and although I did some pinning, I didn't do anywhere near my normal volume.
The site provides a method for submitting a request for review. I have followed the directions, received an automated reply with a repeat of the same directions, followed them again and am now waiting.
Has anyone else had this problem? Solutions? Ideas?
It took about 14 hours but this afternoon my Pinterest account started working agin. I did follow the "Submit a request" procedure. I received an automated reply requesting me to do it again, and then I waited. I did try to locate a help line, or a phone number. One place did list firstname.lastname@example.org as a help line but my email was rejected.
Bottom line: I am pinning again- but don't know what caused me to be knocked off.