It is very different from the flowers I crafted yet so similar in materials. The description indicates it is from hand carved wood petals. I am not sure about the carving, looks like wood slices, just like the ones I made but cut on a more extreme angle. They have used mulberry and it has an interesting tree ring pattern which adds to the effect.
Might have to put this on my "to-do" list. Take a bunch of wood slices, a circular base and just start gluing....
Previous Posts of Interest:
- Wood Slice Flower DIY Instructions
- Variation -Wood Slice Flowers
- Hide That Gas Grill • DIY Grill Screen
- Mini Lanterns for Tea Lights • DIY
- Gas Grill • My Next Project
- Branch Overview
- Putting Branches to Use
©2012 Ashbee Design, Marji Roy