A couple of weeks ago I had harvested a huge bouquet of swamp grass plumes to create a fountain of them in a glass jar. I repurposed the weeds to provide the bedding and contrast for the pumpkins.
I had purchased the tin pails from IKEA months ago. I simply punched some holes in one side with a nail and then threaded jute through to suspend the pail. I taped a block of styrofoam in the base and then arranged grasses and plums before placing a variety of small pumpkins.
I gathered a collection around the base.
The ladder makes it so easy to create unique entry decorations. I have used it every season since April this year.
Previous Posts of Interest:
- Mid-summer • Queen Anne's Lace
- Daisy Ladder for June
- A Ladder of Branches • DIY - This is tutorial for making the ladder.
- This project inspired me to continue exploring ladders in décor. I collected them ll into a theme page with links to many, many different ways to use ladders in decor
- Ladder Inspiration Series • An Overview
©2012 Ashbee Design, Marji Roy
Sharing this post at the following Link Parties:
Hope to see you there as well!
- A Bowl Full of Lemons
- The Inspiration Board @ Carolyn's Homework
- Not Just a House Wife
- Take It On Tuesday @ Romance On A Dime
- Tuesday Treasures @My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
- Simply Sensational Tuesday @ Organizing Homelife
- Uncommon Designs
- DIY Dreamer
- Whatever Goes Wednesday @Someday Crafts
- Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby CreekCottage
- aka design
- House of Hepworths
- At The Picket Fence
- Fridays Unfold @ Stuff and Nonesense
- Potpourri Friday @ 2805
- Show and Tell Saturdays