This final cabinet unit will have a storage cabinet above and a small refrigerator in the alcove.
Next up is trimming the counter tops. I had been planning on wood trim but I had also been planning on the missing contractor to do it. Instead my husband bought me a miter saw. Very cool!
I set it up on my kitchen island and I cut trim. This type of saw sure makes this job a whole lot easier. Not perfect but a whole lot better than any other 45º cut I've made!
I also built two small shelf units to hug up under the cabinets. I find this space perfect for small stuff and have similar shelves in my kitchen. I built these from clear pine (using my new miter saw:-)) and painted them before installing them.
This afternoon David volunteered to help me (read that - let me help him) install the new shelves. Now they are tucked up underneath just waiting for finish electrical work tomorrow- like under cabinet light.
We will be done for Thanksgiving!
Other Laundry Room Redesign Posts:
- 1. The BIG Project • Laundry/Utility/Pantry
- 2. Scary Laundry Room
- 3. Collecting Laundry Rooms Ideas
- 4. Laundry Room Progess
- 5. Laundry Room • Fold Down Ironing Boards
- 6. Laundry room Update • August
- 7. Discombobulated • Laundry Room Update
- 8. Laundry Room Update • Major Stall
- 9. Laundry Room Door • IKEA Kvartal Solution
- 10. Constructing Countertops
©2012 Ashbee Design, Marji Roy