I handled branches that had baby acorns attached gingerly so as to include them in the weaving.
After finishing the warp with twigs, I removed it from the makeshift loom and added oak branch slices to the bottom strings.
I hung it up, and took photos to share with you.....
My first project from the branches left behind by Hurricane Sandy.
I also took a complete series of step-by-step photos as well and I will combine them into a tutorial to share tomorrow.
Update: DIY Tutorial posted here on 11/3/12
In the meantime, my thoughts stay with all the folks still working to get life back to normal. My power was back on Wednesday. Others aren't as lucky.
Previous posts of interest: I have done a lot with branches!
- Branches • Odds 'n ends
- Branches in Fiber Arts
- Branches • A Coat Tree • Literally
- Branch Motif in Doors
- Branch Like -Shelving
- Branch Lighting
- Branches • Reshaped!
- Branches • In Bed!
- Branches • Stacks of Sticks
- Branch Whimsy
- Branches • Birch Centerpiece
- Branches • Sliced
- Branches is the Round • Wreathes, Etc.
- Branches Framed
- Putting Branches to Use • Shelf Supports
- Putting Branches to Use • Branch Hooks
- Red Dancing Sticks • DIY for the Winter Garden
- White Winter Branches
- Start With a Branch
- Collecting Branches and Twigs
- Winter Branches • A Source of Inspiration
And the overview I assembled for easy future reference.....
©2012 Ashbee Design, Marji Roy
Sharing this post at the following Link Parties:
Hope to see you there as well!
- A Bowl Full of Lemons
- Not Just a House Wife
- Take It On Tuesday @ Romance On A Dime
- Tuesday Treasures @My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
- Simply Sensational Tuesday @ Organizing Homelife
- Uncommon Designs
- DIY Dreamer
- Whatever Goes Wednesday @Someday Crafts
- Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby CreekCottage
- aka design
- House of Hepworths
- Between Naps on the Porch
- At The Picket Fence
- Fridays Unfold @ Stuff and Nonesense
- Potpourri Friday @ 2805
- Show and Tell Saturdays