I like the use of entire tree trucks carefully placed in a house. Of the bedroom applications the above idea is my favorite. I am seriously thinking about bringing in a tree to solve my mitten dilemma - but that is another post for another day....
A lot is done with found wood and headboards. The one above is an interesting mix of rustic and chic. I've already shared the one below but I wanted to mention it again as a great headboard.
The bed below gets a little too fariyland-ish for me. But this one is available for purchase (Anthropologie) for those of you loving the tree idea but no access to real ones.
Taking it even a step further is this bed complete with huge bird's nest.
This final bedroom pleases me, not so much because of the bed but because it is such a peaceful and relaxing room.
What a wonderful place to rest!
Previous Posts of Interest • The Branch Series • 2012
- Branches • Stacks of Sticks
- Branch Whimsy
- Branches • Birch Centerpiece
- Branches • Sliced
- Branches is the Round • Wreathes, Etc.
- Branches Framed
- Putting Branches to Use • Shelf Supports
- Putting Branches to Use • Branch Hooks
- Red Dancing Sticks • DIY for the Winter Garden
- White Winter Branches
- Start With a Branch
- Collecting Branches and Twigs
- Winter Branches • A Source of Inspiration
©2012 Ashbee Design, Marji Roy