I created stylized shapes to represent the stalks and leaves of the bamboo plant and then combined them into an arrangement on two levels. I especially like how the composition leaves one square and then enters the next.
Each of the squares is created from two paper boxes cut using my Silhouette and slid together. Using the Silhouette allows me to easily create duplicates but it isn't required. These shapes are fairly simple and could be cut using and x-acto blade as well.
I used the Silhouette templates I create to make two sets, one in white and one in sage green.
I am not sure which I like best. Do you have an opinion?
And then, as has become my habit, I have fun taking pictures just for the compositions.
Bamboo is not my last idea for this techique. I have more coming!
Previous Posts of Interest
- Birch Tree Shadow Box • Simple and Stunning
- Birch Theme • Series Overview
- Birch Branch Triptych by John Oman
- Little House Tutorial • Silhouette
- Paper Project Silhouette Moose and Trees
©2013AshbeeDesign, Marji Roy
Sharing this post at the following Link Parties:
Hope to see you there as well!
- A Bowl Full of Lemons, Tuesday Treasures @My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, DIY Dreamer ,Whatever Goes Wednesday @Someday Crafts , Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby CreekCottage, House of Hepworths, Between Naps on the Porch, Tatertots &Jello, Show and Tell Saturdays, DIY Showoff, Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple, Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog, Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch, Sweet Sharing Monday @ Sweet Anne Designs, The Inspiration Board, The Thrifty Groove, Home Sweet Home @The Charm of Home, Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring, Craftionary, One Artsy Mama, Dish It @ CusineKathleen, I Gotta Try That, Pintastic Tuesday, KatheWithAnE, Green Willow Pond
Comments? Please note - Effective Feb. 11,2013 I am turning on word verification on this blog for commenting. The blog has been the target of spam comments for the past couple of weeks and I am getting flooded. This is a short term effort to get spammers to move on. I will take off word verification again in a few weeks and see if that cleans up things or not. I apologize for the inconvenience.