Three things kept me producing:
- This was so EASY to do!
- I had a wonderful stack of matching papers.
- These are bunnies - they reproduce fast!
I purchased one of those big books of 12 x 12 papers for scrap booking on sale last year. It had a perfect array of spring pastels in many prints and I went wild in the pink and purple section.
From each sheet I could cut a family of bunnies.
Here are some quick 'how-to" photos so you can see how simple this project is.
- I started in iDraw and sketched the one bunny which I then duplicated and flipped.
- I connected the bases with a rectangle.
- I duplicated it and reduced the size.
- My drawing is all in black to import into Silhouette but for those of you with out a silhouette, you can just print the patten and trace it onto paper to cut by hand.
- I explored this design as a pdf file and opened it in the Silhouette Software.
- I traced it and then cut it using my silhouette Cameo. As I noted above, this is certainly easy enough cutting to do by hand. Although the Silhouette made it faster, it isn't required.
- Note: This projects works better with paper not card stock.
- Once cut, I peeled them off the mat.
- I then pulled each ear over the sharp edge of my craft table to curl the ears.
- You pull each ear over the edge with the print side of the paper down.
- Fold the bunny along its base on each side. This forms the spacer and support for the standing bunny.
- I then applied a glue dot in the center of the head right below the ears.
- And pressed the two halves together.
And another bunny joins the bunch!
And hops off to join the others.
I think I need to make some tufts of grass for them!
Previous posts of Interest
- Ombre Colored Eggs • DIY
- Easter Egg Prep • filling the Holes
- Harlequin Eggs • DIY
- Meet My Easter Eggs
©2013 AshbeeDesign, Marji Roy
Sharing this post at the following Link Parties:
Hope to see you there as well!
- A Bowl Full of Lemons, Tuesday Treasures @My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, DIY Dreamer ,Whatever Goes Wednesday @Someday Crafts , Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby CreekCottage, House of Hepworths, Between Naps on the Porch, Tatertots &Jello, Show and Tell Saturdays, DIY Showoff, Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple, Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog, Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch, Sweet Sharing Monday @ Sweet Anne Designs, The Inspiration Board, The Thrifty Groove, Home Sweet Home @The Charm of Home, Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring, Craftionary, One Artsy Mama, Dish It @ CusineKathleen, I Gotta Try That, Pintastic Tuesday, KatheWithAnE,Green Willow Pond