Christmas Paper Quilt designed by Patricia Zapata of A Little Hut. Her designs are beautiful, simple and graphic. I got the shadow box idea from her. She has patterns for this type of project for sale on her site.
I combined that with the composition concept behind the birch wall constructions created by John Oman.
I opened up iDraw and created my own composition, splitting it into 4 boxes. Through a variety of technical gyrations I managed to create cutting files for my Silhouette and now have a completed wall piece. Even the black and white graphic plan is stunning!
I just completed a new version of this techniques using a bamboo theme. Check it out here.
Previous Posts of Interest
- Birch Theme • Series Overview
- Birch Branch Triptych by John Oman
- Little House Tutorial • Silhouette
- Paper Project Silhouette Moose and Trees
©2013AshbeeDesign, Marji Roy
Sharing this post at the following Link Parties:
Hope to see you there as well!
- A Bowl Full of Lemons, Tuesday Treasures @My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Simply Sensational Tuesday @ Organizing Homelife, DIY Dreamer ,Whatever Goes Wednesday @Someday Crafts , Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby CreekCottage, aka design, House of Hepworths, Between Naps on the Porch, At The Picket Fence, Fridays Unfold @ Stuff and Nonesense, Tatertots &Jello, Show and Tell Saturdays, DIY Showoff, Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple, Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog, Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch, Sweet Sharing Monday @ Sweet Anne Designs, The Inspiration Board, The Thrifty Groove, Home Sweet Home @The Charm of Home, Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring, Dish It @ CusineKathleen, I Gotta Try That, Pintastic Tuesday
Comments? Please note - Effective Feb. 11,2013 I am turning on word verification on this blog for commenting. The blog has been the target of spam comments for the past couple of weeks and I am getting flooded. This is a short term effort to get spammers to move on. I will take off word verification again in a few weeks and see if that cleans up things or not. I apologize for the inconvenience.