My daughter, Amy is an avid tag saler and I asked her to keep hers eyes open for a bowling ball. Didn't take her long before she had 3 at $1 a piece. Last Friday David and I had a date to glue pennies onto that ball. He was in charge of applying the glue and I applied pennies.
Note the wine. As I said, it was a date!
I wasn't sure what to use for glue so I tried Liquid Nails which is thick and goopy. Seemed to work fine. It took less than 1 2.5 oz tube but strong hands to apply.
I forgot to count but I estimate it took about $3 worth of pennies. I also made sure that many of them were from before 1982 when they switched the copper content of pennies to almost none.
We left it to dry over night and put it in the garden the next day. Today is Wednesday and I haven't seen a slug yet but that really isn't a very good test period.
Aside from the gardening impact, the ball looks pretty cool. And, if you've been following me for long, you'll know I have a things for spheres!
Happy gardening everyone.
Previous posts of interest:
- Cement Balls Rolled into Place
- Balls in the Garden
- Garden Sculpture Shuffle
- This One Came Home With Me!
©2013 Ashbee Design, Marji Roy