My valentine style leans toward simple, clean, and graphic. yesterday I shared Scandinavian hearts that influence my style. Keeping with the simple heart shape and repeating it, I designed two templates for the Silhouette cutting machine for valentine trees to be used in table or mantelscapes.
It has a three-dimensional heart made from three red hearts suspended on a satin ribbon in the center.
David suggested making it a little more open so I made a second template with open hearts. I love the weld tool in the Silhouette software!
Now to find a place to display them....
Tutorial: I ran out of white cardstock. More is on order. I'll post a tutorial once I have supplies to make more and photograph them. It really was an easy project.
Update 1/14/13: Tutorial is done and posted HERE!
Previous Posts of Interest:
- Scandinavian Hearts
- Ideas for Valentine Cards
- Home is Where the Heart is • A Valentine Door (with Duck Tape!)
- Valentine Wreaths
- Valentine Centerpiece 2012
- Simple Valentine Centerpiece 2011
©2013AshbeeDesign, Marji Roy
Sharing this post at the following Link Parties:
Hope to see you there as well!
- A Bowl Full of Lemons, Tuesday Treasures @My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Simply Sensational Tuesday @ Organizing Homelife, DIY Dreamer ,Whatever Goes Wednesday @Someday Crafts , Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby CreekCottage, aka design, House of Hepworths, Between Naps on the Porch, At The Picket Fence, Fridays Unfold @ Stuff and Nonesense, Tatertots &Jello, Show and Tell Saturdays, DIY Showoff, Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple, Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog, Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch, Sweet Sharing Monday @ Sweet Anne Designs, The Inspiration Board, The Thrifty Groove, Home Sweet Home @The Charm of Home, Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring, Dish It @ CusineKathleen, I Gotta Try That,