It is a great idea- however I just tested it and it only works with bottles that are nearly empty. As soon as I put a nearly full bottle on the rod, down it slid.
I had been wondering about it and didn't want to leave it overnight because I was sure it would come crashing down while we were all nestled in our dreams. I didn't have to wait that long - it didn't even last 15 seconds.
Not to worry. In my hardware junk drawer I have some cafe rod brackets. I'll put these at both ends and probably one in the middle. I have about a 38" span. It is still a great organizing tip. Just remember to buy brackets when you purchase the tension rod. And go heavy duty if there is an option.
Check out the other posts in my Organizing Series
- Cable Control for the Geek
- Kitchen Organizing • Measuring Tools
- Organizing Jewelry • Some Creative Ideas
- Organizing with Tension Rods
- Ideas for Garage Storage
- PVC to the Rescue • More Ideas on Storage
- IKEA Knuff Magazine Files • New Uses
- Binder Clip Explosion
- Cord Control
- Cable Clip Art Idea • A Great Solution
- Kitchen Organization • A Great Idea
©2012 Ashbee Design, Marji Roy
This post has been shared on the following sites: